Rejection from family members is one of the most painful experiences one could have. Your family is where you are supposed to feel protected and where you can be you but this is not always the case. In my last blog, I wrote about the experiences of rejection faced by David and Joseph. I dealt with the fact that the rejection they experienced actually acted as a vehicle that ushered them into a place of rulership.
Below are a few important points on understanding rejection from family members and how to overcome rejection from family;
1) Being rejected by family members does not mean that something is wrong with you, it is what’s right with you that causes people to reject you. You are rejected because the rejector does not have the capacity to receive what’s on the inside of you.
2) You have been rejected for purpose
3) People often reject what they don’t understand
4) Rejection from family members can sometimes lead to isolation- there is purpose behind the isolation, isolation births revelation of your identity and purpose especially when you are chosen to be the curse breaker in your family.
5) Rejection from your family leads you to uncommon favour with the Lord. David and Joseph found favour with the Lord.
6) Rejection leads to rulership- David was anointed king over Israel (1Samuel 16:13) and Joseph became ruler and second in command to Pharoah over Egypt (Genesis 41:40-46). Jephthah’s rejection from his family led him to conquering the enemies of his people (Judges 11:32-33).
7) Rejection from family drives you into the hand of God (Psalm 27:10)
God will personally take care of you. People always said to me “Dahna you are so spoilt, you get everything you pray for”, my response was “that is the treatment you get when God becomes your mother and your father”.
8) Understand that family members cannot give you what they don’t have- there is a high chance that they have been rejected too and have not had the strength to deal with it. Their coping mechanism is rejecting others.
9) True healing takes place when you stop expecting family members to approve of you. Only God can approve of you because He created you. People cannot approve of something they did not create.
10) Forgiveness- forgiveness is for you not the rejector. When you release the pain of rejection, new doors of breakthrough will start to open for you. Forgiveness is a key to your breakthrough (Matthew 16:19, Matthew 18:18).