We have entered into a season of the outpouring of God’s glory.
Today I kept hearing ‘To Research The Coronation’. The Coronation is the act of placing a crown on the Monarch’s head. The term coronation is commonly used to describe the whole ceremony in which the crown is placed rather than just the bestowal of the coronet. This ceremony is where the monarch is anointed to be King or Queen.
I truly believe that God is using this time of crisis to restore His glory amongst His people and to anoint His people for the future assignments that is to come. Looking at the word Coronavirus, the root word of Corona is Crown. God is using this crisis and this lockdown to coronate His people. Get in position, your season of Coronation is here. God bless you.
Thanks for reading www.dahnafearon.com
Ever feel like you finally get a hang of life and its course, only to be hit with a surprise crossroad that shifts you into a world of decisions and the very thing you thought you finally had control of you no longer could handle? Sounds familiar?
This is Transition. When you think you have mastered Transition on one level, there is always another level that awaits your discovery. God is amazing and He is full of surprises. There is absolutely nothing that takes Him by surprise concerning you but there are times when He allows unexpected shifts which are a surprise to you. I have learnt to welcome every shift as an indication that my journey is speeding up and it means that I am getting closer to my destination called There. Everytime a car has to change gears it allows the car to move at a faster speed. Your ability to shift accelerates your journey.
Transition is your vehicle that ushers you to your place called There. Everytime there is a shift, and a sudden change it means that you are arriving closer to your destination. Everytime life throws a curveball it just means you need to shift. If you experience sudden betrayal or sudden separation of a longstanding relationship that is just destiny disguised as a heartbreak. Trust what the Holy Spirit is doing in this season.
Romans 8v28 states that all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His design and purpose (Amplified Version). The good the bad and the ugly are all working out for your purpose. I was listening to an interview with Pastor Keion Henderson and Dr Matthew Stevenson and Dr Stevenson stated that “Change either happens to you or through you”.
I truly believe the difference is in those who allow themselves to go through the many processes and shifts that life has to throw at oneself, to those who allow themselves to go through this process, are the ones that are used as vessels of change but to the one who refuses change ends up being on the dark side of Change.
The darkside of change is where you end up dealing with the harsh consequences of change. In a crisis, you can tell the difference between those who are prepared and those who were ill prepared. Crisis is only seen as crisis by those who fail to discern the times and prepare. Crisis is seen as an opportunity by those who choose to prepare ahead of the crisis. Look around the world and look at the response to our present crisis. I truly believe that our response is determined by our ability to prepare. Preparation precedes response.
In transition, your preparation will precede your response. Your preparation to be flexible with the curveball of change will determine your ability to navigate through the many stages of transition.
Once you learn the simple principle of ebb and flow (that is knowing when to respond and when to be still), then the many shifts that accompanies Transition will be welcomed as an opportunity rather than a crisis.
God bless you and thank you for reading.
As we face this global pandemic that has caused many to be in lockdown, I have seen creativity come alive agin. Crisis in the Japanese language means opportunity. What opportunity has this pandemic presented to you?
Gratitude opens the door for God to release you to your next level of creativity. This season of stillness is so that God can reset, restore and revive you. For many of you, this lockdown has saved you from you. In my personal prayer time, I started thanking God for saving me from myself because I realised the path I was on, even though I believed I was moving in obedience, I was moving way too fast.I have learnt that sometimes God will wreck your plans before your own plans wreck you.
For some of you the purpose of this lockdown, is to open up your eyes to the dreams that God wants to release in you and for some of you, this season is designed for you to be able to pick up what you have dropped. A new level of grace is being released to you to fulfil your purpose. There are many dreams being resurrected in this season. Momentum is here to propel you into the completion stage of your unfinished assignments. For some of you, this season of lockdown will introduce to a new version of you. God wants to remake you. God is a doing a new thing in you. Isaiah 43:18-19- New fire, new strength, new courage. God is giving you strength to mount up like the Eagle in Isaiah 40:31. God is renewing your strength and releasing His power upon you to run in this next season. There is a new grace for you to pick it up again.
Thanks for reading.
Have you ever felt overlooked? You work hard but it just seems like you are constantly being overlooked.
The definition of overlooked is ‘the failure to notice something’. Throughout my teenage years and early adulthood, I always felt overlooked and have encountered much rejection. For a long time I took it personal but it dawned on me as I started to reflect on the journey I have taken to get to this place called there, I realised that my season of being overlooked was actually a season of preparation in disguise. Those moments where you make mistakes and even achieve great things and nobody notices is an incubator for greatness. That is the place where God covers you and allows you to trial and error without drastic and severe consequences and without you being noticed. The mistakes you make in the spotlight and the mistakes you make in your season of being hidden yields different consequences, one impacts a community the other only impacts you.
Being overlooked is an opportunity to prepare. The decisions you make today will determine the opportunities you experience tomorrow in your season of being overlooked. The next time you feel overlooked, use that opportunity to PREPARE. This is not the time to be bitter or hold back, continuing ploughing until your season of exposure is here. Study more, pray more, exercise and get healthy and in due time when opportunity knocks you will be ready to take on the challenge that comes with your new level.
God bless you and thank you for reading.
Check out my website www. dahnafearon.com for more information on my services and future events .
Graduating from University was a huge achievement for me, firstly because I was the first in my immediate family to graduate and secondly I had to overcome a lot of emotional, mental and physical barriers in order to wear that gown on that amazing day called ‘Graduation’. I was on cloud nine and there was nothing anyone could tell me that could prevent me from dreaming and expecting for my great future. Just 2-4 weeks later reality had hit home I need a job!!!!!! I started applying and I started looking at different things that I could do; I mean my University boasted about 60% of its graduates got a job within 6 months of graduating so I was hopeful and after all I was only 2 weeks in to unemployment. What I had not anticipated was that I was going to be unemployed for seven months. Every interview I was invited to, their response was ‘you’re overqualified’. By November I had enough.
But there was hope, seven months later after I had graduated, I started a new role in HR and I was excited as it had some relevance to what I had studied at University but just one year later I became unemployed again because the contract was only for a year and that season continued for another 3 years and 9 months. The purpose of this article is to encourage those of you who are facing unemployment. It is to let you know that you are in one of the best seasons of your life- How so? I hear some of you ask?
You see in those three years and nine months God blessed me to start my own movement Release Me where I facilitated workshops and God blessed my mind and hands to write and self publish my first book and so many opportunities came out of that. Sometimes what we think is rejection is actually God’s way of redirecting our paths to places and opportunities that we could have never thought of by ourselves had we not walked through this way of our process. I don’t despise those seasons of unemployment- God used it to mould me into the woman that I am today and He allowed me to discover parts of me that I never knew existed. So here are a few spiritual and practical tips as to how I overcame my season of unemployment.
- Prayer– everything for me starts with prayer because that is how you communicate with God- Communication with God is a dialogue not a monologue- there were moments during my season when I prayed and I had to wait for God to respond. Sometimes He responded straight away, other times it took Him a while because He saw a head of time what He was getting ready to do for me. Many times, His answers were either Yes, No, Not yet or just pure silence. When God responded in silence, I realized He wanted me to apply what He had taught me in my last season. God does not allow you to go through anything He has not equipped you for. I realize He was preparing me for that season six years before it happened. Prayer provides the map to the route God wants to take you on. Even though I was unemployed, God through prayer led me to opportunities that would yield provision for those hard seasons.
- Obedience- with prayer comes instructions and with God’s instructions, He expects us to be obedient to His instructions. Your miracle and breakthrough is hidden in the last instruction that God gave you. There were many instructions that God gave me and even though I tried to be obedient to everything I heard (I didn’t always get it right), half the things He told me to do didn’t make sense but now as I am in the promise Job (He showed me my current role in 2010), I realize all of the instructions were necessary and they were forming me for the position I am in right now.
- Purpose- Knowing your purpose and what you are called to do is important. Purpose fuels passion. When you have a deep sense of purpose, there is a passion that is formed in you and as you go through your journey, your passion and journey will start to become visible to others who will want to explore what is about you. Opportunities chase the Passionate and the purpose driven individual. The more passionate and purpose driven you are, the more opportunities God will start to release to you.
- A Good Attitude– Never turn down an opportunity because you don’t think its ‘good enough’ or because it does not match your ideal role. I accepted many roles that were beneath my potential and pay grade but I humbled myself and learned what I had to from each opportunity. Smile through it and remain thankful- God is watching your attitude- He is looking at how you handle the small opportunities. So that in due season He can elevate and promote you.
- Sowing– there are a lot of debates about whether you should tithe or give offering especially when you are unemployed- I truly believe that tithing comes with revelation. The revelation I received was to remain faithful even in the small. If you can be faithful in the little- God will make you ruler over much- Matthew 25v23 and Luke 16v10. Even if I only had £10 I had a strong conviction to sow at least 10%. Even when I got my first full time job after such a long period of unemployment, I had to survive off £950 per month, and out of that God encouraged me to sow. And every month God supplied my needs, I never went without food and clothing. No one could have thought that that’s all I was bringing home every month. Before my bills, I gave my tithe and offering, I believe in the principle of first so before I gave anyone else my money I gave it to God first, it was a way of consecrating my finances and God always stretched it. I would have to do another article on the principle of sowing and tithing- God used this principle to shatter glass ceilings over my life. It is not by my works but every instruction in this area I had honoured, and God came through for me.
- Sign up with as many agencies as possible– A very practical principle- sign up with multiple agencies (Morgan Hunt, Brook Street, Reed, Adecco). I have learnt that the jobs market is about numbers, the more jobs you apply for the more chance you have of getting a job. Sitting at home praying all day is not enough this is where you apply works to your faith. How many CVs have you submitted? the rejections will make you weary but you have to push, press and persevere through all of that because your promise is on the other side of the rejection. I applied for over 1500 jobs, possibly 2000 in the space of two years until I gave up. The permanent role which I hold now came through an agency. Be creative and speak to friends and family. My first permanent job came through my landlady who lived across the road from me.
- Managing the balance between Instinct and Intellect– To understand more about this I will encourage you to read Bishop TD Jakes’ book called INSTINCT. A huge mistake I made after graduating from University is I thought that it was all about my intellect, there was a bit of pride and ego at work hence the intense process. God had to strip me of that mindset. I walked around thinking I was entitled to get a job because I completed a law with psychology degree I mean who wouldn’t want me? that was a poor attitude and I realized even where I am now- that employers value a person that can think and act with instinct and bring forth a solution that can yield results for his or her company. It always baffled me why people who never went to school were doing better than me- God taught me it is because they know how to think and move with instinct. They don’t just know theory but they know how to convert it into practical solutions. If you can get this, then you are on your way to your promotion. The day I caught this revelation, is the day my life started to change.
There are so many more principles that I would like to share but it is my prayer that as you obediently apply these principles that God will begin to open up doors that eyes have not seen and ears have not heard 1 Corinthians 2v9. May God shatter those glass ceilings of limitations and may He release miracles signs and wonders in your life as you obey the instructions of the Lord. May grace and peace be your portion in Jesus Name. Amen
God bless you and thank you for reading.
For ten years I had to deal with many lows as well as highs and watching what God has done over the last few months (video of my testimony is coming soon), I am led to share a few nuggets of wisdom of how to make it through the seasons of ‘nothing’s happening’. Have you ever found yourself in a place where you are asking God- Lord what are you doing? you almost want to take over the steering wheel of your life and show God how its supposed to be? I have been there so many times and I have even taken the steering wheel from God- because He doesn’t force His perfect will, He stood back and I ended up with a lot of broken bones and bruises- the beauty of God’s love is that He was waiting right there with open arms to nurture me and heal me and redirect and reroute me back to my original place in Him. God is calling you back to that original place of surrender.
It took over nine years for me to learn to be still in the seasons when it seems as if nothing is happening or every dream is about to die. I had failed to recognize that there was an appointed time for every dream and prophetic word to come to pass in my life (I am living in the reality of some of those dreams right now- to God be the glory).
So what do you do when it seems as if God has forgotten His word over you. Here are a few things that helped me through those seasons of hardship and the season of ‘Nothing’s Happening’;
- Rest– Resting in God comes with trust and faith and this takes time. In the beginning of my transitional journey but in the middle (that’s the hardest part), this word annoyed me. For me, I found it impossible to rest when all hell was breaking loose in my life such as unemployment, rejection, threat of homelessness, unpaid bills and everything else was coming against me all at the same time. When friends and confidants would say be still it really frustrated me until I stepped into the revelation of what it truly meant to rest in God. As long as I was up trying to figure everything out, that’s when God would step back. I was spending most days hustling trying to find a job and nothing was happening. After being still in the presence of God, I started living out Hebrews chapter 4 without noticing- One evening when I was in an ‘opportunity chasing mood’- the Holy Spirit led me to do something fun and it was nothing to do with work. After being obedient- the Holy Spirit touched the heart of a sister and she released £100 into my account. Another occasion after another moment of serious disappointment , the Lord told me to explore a new area and record an encouraging video, within that same hour another woman of God released £100 to me. Resting in God is not laziness- when you rest in God you are saying God I am letting go off of every idea and I am placing my needs in your hands with the confidence that you are going to fix it- it takes faith to truly release to God and wait for Him to release divine strategies as to what to do or not to do next. When I look at my life now- I think I should have rested more because God knew all along that I would get to where I am now. All I had to do was rest in Him; Instead I stressed out and allowed anxiety to get in and as a result I spent the first few months of my new season recovering from stress related sickness due to all the anxiety and the worrying I encountered through my low season but God was still faithful to bring my dreams into manifestation. Now that I have learnt and I am still learning how to rest in God, things are happening quickly, doors are opening with almost no effort. I think it and if it is according to His will- God provides it. Rest comes with having faith and your faith is developed through reading the word of God and spending time in His presence.
- Worship– God has been unraveling worship to me throughout this year. Worship does not just happen on a Sunday. Worship is not confined to a Sunday Service. It is that uninterrupted moment between you and the Heavenly father- whether its through singing, dancing praying. Worship is an antidote for the pressures of life. Singing was a form of therapy for me. After suffering closed doors one after the other, I would come home feeling deflated and the Holy Spirit would whisper- just sing- sometimes the pain was so intense I would end up crying whilst singing but after I get into it- the weight I carried throughout the day would just life and from that experience God would start to unravel the revelation behind every closed door.
- Dream– you have to fight to keep the dream alive- Dreams are powerful. As long as you can keep on dreaming in the midst of adversity, there is nothing that the enemy can do to take you out. Never underestimate your ability to dream. If you can still see the future even in the midst of disappointment and hopelessness I promise you, you will come forth as pure gold. There is an expiration date on your process and season of ‘Nothing’s Happening’. After months and years of disappointments, I fought for my ability to dream- and after every dream I would write down these dreams and release it to God. Dr Mike Murdock says it best- Imagination is your ability to pre-play the future but a memory replays your past. Where is your focus as you are reading this? Even if something disappointing happened 10 minutes ago, is your focus on the past or is your focus on the future- if you can see the future, you are unstoppable.
- Plan– It is not enough to just dream through the hardship but in those quiet seasons, plan for the manifestation of your dream. That is the purpose of the ‘Nothing’s Happening’ season. That is where you plan and prepare for the promise. What is that dream home going to look like- what is the colour scheme. What outfits will you wear to your new job? (90 % of the time when I left my house I dressed like I was going to work in my seasons of unemployment). What does your budget look like when you start to make that dream money? In 2016, I created a ‘dream budget’ of how I would spend and invest my money when I started getting a steady income. How will you treat that man of God when God releases Him to you (ladies?) or how will you treat that woman of God when God releases her to you (men?) It is easy and free to dream but it costs to birth that dream into manifestation and it all starts with prayerful planning. The key to seeing manifestation is plan and prepare- God will not release to you what you desire if you are not spiritually, physically, emotionally or psychologically ready for the promise (this is for every dream- not just a man/woman).
I have so much more nuggets to share but for now, I will leave you with these. For every reader who will take time to read this, it is my prayer that God will give you staying power to complete your process because at your appointed time, you will come forth as pure gold. I pray God’s supernatural strength over you and as your days are so shall your strength be. God bless you and thank you for reading.
Towards the latter part of December 2017, I kept hearing the Holy Spirit say, ‘Your Movement has a sound’. ‘Your purpose has a sound’. ‘Your obedience has a sound’. Every time you obey God and every time you say yes, a sound erupts from glory and an alarm is sent from Heaven to Earth and to Hell. Often times when you set out to do what God has instructed you to do, you are often met with opposition, do you know why? It is because your movement has a sent a sound to hell and in response to your purpose the enemy sent opposition to stop you from fulfilling your purpose. What some people do, they give up and they stop. I have done this so many times over the past few years. But last year in 2017, God taught me to push and Move with the instructions no matter how much opposition I experienced and now God is moving on my behalf. Every time you meet opposition and you choose to move ahead in boldness, God releases a sound that will cause Hell to cease its opposition. Read 2Chronicles 20v22, this is the position that God requires of us this year. Your worship is a symbol of honour to Him. In the midst of opposition, praise and worship is your greatest weapon. This year, every time you feel intense warfare or as I call it labour pains, just sing and praise.
I truly believe God is saying in this season that the enemy will not be able to stop you in your next decision to move because this time God is sending the sound of chariots and horses and a great army ahead of you according to 2 Kings 7v5. No more will you feel alone or defeated, because God is sending special enforcement of angels to help you carry out the assignment that will set both you and those around you free. Your movement will feed a people and deliver a people from spiritual famine and bondage. Don’t take it lightly that new and innovative ideas are coming to you inn this season. Everything that the Lord commands you to do, do it in obedience and watch Heaven move on your behalf.
God bless you and thank you for reading…
Dahna O. Fearon