“THE WORD which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying, Arise, and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words. Then I went down to the potter’s house, and behold he wrought a work on the wheels”.
Ten years ago whilst attending college, I had a sudden urge to attend a pottery class. For the eight weeks I participated in this class, it was one of the most frustratingthings I had partook in. I was so annoyed by the process I refused to go and collect my pot. What I failed to recognise was that the next ten years I was about to be that clay. One of the things that frustrated me with the process was I kept having to start over again and again because air kept getting into the clay so every time my teacher tested the clay he would say start over- if I continued making the pot without removing the slit (air) from the clay, when the pot would be placed in the furnace, it would have exploded.
How many times have we gotten mad at God for allowing the setbacks and delays and the many situations that seemed as if they were sent to destroy us? I have had many arguments with the Holy Spirit but maturity stepped in and I realised that the process was necessary. God was never going to allow those situations to destroy me, they were sent to reveal the mess and impurities in me and to purge out the mess out of me. Ten years later I am no longer murmuring at the pain or the circumstances that came against me. I am celebrating because those experiences has revealed my purpose, what the enemy meant for evil God turned it for my good.
A few points about the process
- The process is your incubator- just like a womb- it’s dark but that’s where the baby receives his/her nutrients in order for growth to take place. The seed in its early stages relies on the dirt to germinate. Your process is dark but have you not noticed how much you have grown? The process was not sent to kill you, it’s sent to form you into the man or woman who God has called you to be.
- The Process Cultivates You for your Purpose- Just like Joseph, Esther, Ruth, David and Jesus, your process is leading you to purpose and destiny. Trust the process. God is getting ready to add purpose to your process. Joseph’s process led Him to becoming the prime minister over Egypt (Genesis 37-50), Esther’s process led her to becoming Queen and she saved her people from Genocide. David’s process led him to becoming King over Israel (1Samuel 16), Ruth’s process of loss and grief led her to her Boaz. Jesus’s process led Him to saving the whole world. His process led to salvation and the reconciliation of God and mankind. This leads me to the next point;
- Your Process is never just about you- your process has the power to impact those who are around you . How you respond to your process determines the effectiveness of your purpose and ministry to those who you are sent to Impact.
- The process is sent to purify you- just like gold, it is heated at the highest level to remove the impurities. The process is repeated until it is pure gold.
- Your process is a vehicle that is transporting you to your place of purpose and destiny
- Your process will eventually lead you to your place of promotion and wealth
It is my prayer that God will give you staying power to endure the process. You are going to come out as pure gold. Do not give up, you will reap if you don’t faint. (Galatians 6:9)
God bless you and thank you for reading